Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Monday

We spent a rather cold night in the van at a Pilot truck stop in the western edge of the Texas Panhandle. I expected temperatures would be higher this far south, but it was around freezing last night. And I felt it. 
I hope the truck stop bathroom that we used last night and this morning are not Petri dishes of Covid virus.  I’d estimate a third of the visitors are not wearing masks, but the bathrooms are mostly empty. However, I almost bumped into one woman, not wearing a mask, but dressed in the conservative Christian clothing with the long dress, bonnet, knee socks and sneakers coming out of the bathroom as I was going in. I glared at her and she apologized. 

I’m starting to think it would have been safer to fly than drive. Despite our best efforts to limit our exposure, there are just too many of these interactions. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-SMvtMe6DW3gC7ybjkpXtvi-iFYLtQIr

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't be such a special snowflake! Get yourself a long dress and a bonnet. No frills upon it, though. Not till Easter, at least. When Jesus rises, then it will be time for frills.

    ReplyDelete